A few details…
Job title: Senior PR Manager
Location: Manchester / Newcastle
More details? You’ve got it…
Working directly with our head of PR and content, you’ll need to demonstrate a genuine thirst for knowledge and passion for communications.
The senior PR manager is a talented, motivated and well-organised individual with the skills and desire to lead the delivery of world class PR and content marketing campaigns.
Knowledge of the latest industry trends is essential. This means you’ll have an excellent understanding of PR, digital marketing and other communications tools and insights into current/future trends to enable you to add value to client projects.
You’ll understand the tools that can be used to monitor campaign success and have the ability to strategically advise clients on how to achieve their objectives.
You’ll also be a strong copywriter with a focus on attention to detail.
Experience in the life science/pharma/biotech industries is desirable as we’re a specialist agency that’s in the business of helping companies in the pharmaceutical supply chain get noticed.
You’ll be expected to present both externally to clients and internally to the team on a regular basis. You’ll be involved in a variety of projects so must be able to contribute innovative ideas using your experience in the industry.
When representing ramarketing you will be expected to conduct yourself in a professional and diligent manner at all times and keep the agency’s core values at the heart of your work: genuine, accountable, progressive, scrappy, collaborative and canny.
What’s the point of the job?
- Add additional senior resource to the PR and content team to oversee and assist with current and future client retainers and projects.
- Support the PR and content team with devising, implementing and tracking communications campaigns including tactics such as media relations and content marketing.
- Lead on several life science PR and content marketing accounts in a senior manager/ account director role.
- Line management of a team of account managers.
- Drive operational efficiency and improvements within the delivery of client work.
Duties & responsibilities
- Account management and direction of a portfolio of life science clients.
- Devising PR and content marketing strategies in line with client objectives.
- Tracking, analysing and reporting key metrics for campaigns and using these to inform strategy.
- Managing relationships with clients, leading meetings and acting as a strategic advisor to clients.
- Providing strategic direction and support on accounts managed my junior and mid-level account handlers.
- Work with the head of PR and content to ensure quality standards are maintained across client accounts.
- Supporting head of PR and content with monthly reporting review/approval requirements.
- Supporting the PR and content team with account management best practice, queries and challenges.
- Leading, training and supporting junior team members to improve their account management and PR/content skills and aid progression.
- Leading on the creation of new business proposals and presentations when required.
PR & content
- Implementing PR and content marketing campaigns for a portfolio of life science clients.
- Monitoring the media and proactively identifying opportunities for clients.
- Developing and suggesting ideas for creative content for clients e.g. proactive content linked to pharma industry developments and milestones.
- Assist in the PR planning process including researching and collating media lists, sourcing editorial calendars, feature tracking, researching client events and identifying speaking/sponsorship opportunities.
- Liaising with the media to sell in feature ideas and issuing press releases to journalists.
- Organising media interviews and preparing briefing documents for spokespeople.
- Researching, writing and reviewing content including press releases, blog posts, opinion pieces, case studies, social media content, whitepapers, award entries and articles etc.
- Assisting with the production of client marketing materials such as in-house and external magazines, web content and other collateral as appropriate.
- Assisting the digital team with ad hoc content creation and messaging development requirements.
- Overseeing social media activities implemented by digital content managers, ensuring campaigns are strategic and working to deliver client objectives.
Business development & admin
- Help identify and nurture new business relationships, draft proposals and pitch to new clients.
- Support the agency in new business acquisition activities including analytic data and PR and creative campaign ideas.
- Support the management and financial team where applicable in ensuring the smooth running of the company in contributing to its growth plan.
- Become a key networker for the company, attending local, national and international events on behalf of the business.
- Make use of existing contacts to support the growth of the business.
- Help drive internal systems and processes to make the business more efficient, profitable and sustainable.
Knowledge & learning
- Stay abreast of industry developments and keep up with the latest trends.
- Become a resident thought-leader on all things PR and communications (we encourage everyone to write for our blog and relevant publications).
- Understand how PR works with other digital channels and disciplines.
Before you apply you must have…
- At least five years of agency experience in a mid or senior level PR role.
- Experience working with B2B clients in the life sciences, pharmaceutical and manufacturing sectors.
- Experience managing multiple clients of varying budgets and sizes simultaneously.
- Ideally, a qualification in a PR, media or marketing related subject, English language or maybe even science-related.
- Strong account management, presentation and client communication skills.
- Strong English language skills including spelling and grammar and a good eye for detail.
- A sense of humour. If you like a laugh and a wee bit of banter you’ll fit in here.
So, think you fit the bill? Now’s your time to shine…
Drop us a line and show us what you’ve got.
Does all of this sound good to you? Tell us why you're perfect for us!