Reporting to the head of digital, you’ll need to demonstrate a genuine thirst for knowledge and passion for all things design. You’ll be a designer with fresh ideas and very strong skills across branding, digital and print design. Knowledge of the industry and latest trends is essential as your responsibility will cover a variety of clients operating in different sectors. This means you’ll have an excellent understanding and insights into current/future trends in graphic, web and interactive design along with e-mail marketing. You’ll also have up-to-date knowledge of the latest industry software to support your work and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Within the role you’ll be…
- Working on creative design projects involving print and digital deliverables for international B2B clients in the pharmaceutical and life science sector.
- Responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact. This involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions and
- Working collaboratively with a digital and design team to come up with world-class solutions.
- Required to work to briefs agreed with the client or account manager. This may include working with them to develop the brief.
- Creating brand identities, exhibition stand graphics and website designs for global B2B brands.
- Expected to present both externally to clients and internally to the team on a regular basis e.g. comfortable running brand workshops with senior business professionals.
- Managing a team of internal and freelance designers, ensuring the smooth flow of traffic from brief to delivery on deadline.
Other duties, responsibilities & skills required
- Research to gain a deep understanding of clients in order to come up with creative ideas for their project.
- Be able to work across multiple clients and projects at any one time, delivering great outcomes consistently.
- Develop and work within corporate brand guidelines.
- Management of studio workload and team processes on behalf of the department.
- Taking ownership of workload, prioritisation and time management.
- Interpreting a brief and taking a project from concept through to completion.
- Liaise with suppliers to gather print quotes for the best price and quality for clients.
- Present ideas and designs internally and to clients.
- Briefing third parties and collaborators such as photographers.
- Strong leadership capability including development and mentoring of the design team.
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have previous experience of design for both web and print.
- Have an exceptional eye for detail and skill in typography, layout, and imagery.
- Have an excellent understanding of the print process and techniques.
- Have an excellent understanding of digital techniques, best practice, and its limitations.
Before you apply, the right person will…
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience, ideally in an agency environment.
- A degree (or relevant qualification) in a design related subject.
- Be a strategic thinker with a creative streak and the ability to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Have a strong track record of working on creative design projects involving print and digital deliverables for international B2B clients.
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced agency environment.
So, think you fit the bill? Now’s your time to shine…
Drop us a line and show us what you’ve got. We get a lot of interest in our jobs, so do yourself a favour and ensure your application does the following:
Tells us how your experience meets the requirements of the role… If your CV just lists design as a skill, we’d rather not read it!
Gives us examples of your work. We’re nerds at heart so if you’ve got some impressive examples of your work we’d love to see them. Better yet, send us your portfolio!
Shows us your personality. No robots allowed at ramarketing. We’re big on culture and finding the right fit so don’t be afraid to show us who you are.
Shows us how creative you are. We’re a creative agency, so we’re partial to a wacky idea and outside of the box thinking. CVs are fine, but we’ll not turn down a box of donuts either. All application types welcome.
Does all of this sound good to you? Tell us why you're perfect for us!