The project manager will be responsible for planning and coordinating activity across multiple accounts and projects to ensure that both the agency’s and clients’ needs are met. The role will be internal facing for 3-6 months whilst the project manager learns the way we work, after which the project manager will then support current account or project managers with clients throughout the lifespan of the account/project, and therefore nurture and build an excellent relationship with all members of their team. Working alongside colleagues in other functions within the business to deliver digital, design, and content services in line with agreed budgets, scopes and timelines, the project manager will be able to work collaboratively with colleagues and third parties throughout the delivery process and ensure that best in class work is delivered consistently. On occasion the project manager will be required to support account managers with client relations and updates, when dealing with larger accounts.
Other duties & responsibilities
- Respond to or delegate client communications as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Ensure that all written and verbal communications are clear, concise and represent the agency’s brand.
- Clearly communicate deadlines and the scope of work with both clients and colleagues to ensure accurate delivery.
- Responsible for keeping the client up to date in terms of account/project status.
- Can effectively resolve blocks and dependencies.
- When required, can manage client expectations in order to limit scope creep or unrealistic demands.
- Liaise with third parties such as IT, printers, hosting, CRM, CMS and various other suppliers in order to deliver client requirements.
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with clients which facilitate a positive client/agency relationship with the aim of maintaining and growing the account.
- Follow the agency’s ‘show me the love’ initiative i.e. celebrating client’s birthdays, taking them for dinner etc. to further build relationships.
- Professionally handle any issues or concerns raised by the client to ensure client satisfaction and objective communication to the internal team.
- Ability to review and escalate to heads of department where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and the heads of departments to ensure that the scope of projects are accurate.
- Accurately scope project and retainer tasks across the integrated agency with assistance from colleagues when required.
- Provide project and retainer status reports to the heads of departments so they can monitor overall progress.
- Responsible for ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure delivery is monitored and in line with budget, if variations occur, being able to analyse the reasons for the variations and ensure this feedback reaches the relevant
- Manage the allocation process for the digital team and ensuring all projects are accurately input into Harvest.
- Meticulous project planning and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both client and agency-facing.
- Accurately scope projects and tasks, with the assistance of specialists where required.
- Track and report on the status of the accounts and projects that they lead on including managing budgets.
- Be self-motivated, always looking to improve, and will help the agency grow.
- Have a strong commercial understanding and can make decisions in the best interests of all parties.
So, think you fit the bill? Now’s your time to shine…
Drop us a line at and show us what you’ve got. We get a lot of interest in our jobs, so do yourself a favour and ensure your application does the following:
- Tell us how your experience meets the requirements of the role. We’re nerds at heart so if you’ve got some impressive examples of your work, we’d love to see them.
- Show us your personality. No robots allowed at ramarketing. We’re big on culture and finding the right fit so don’t be afraid to show us who you really are.
- Show us how creative you are. We’re a creative agency, so we’re partial to a wacky idea and outside of the box thinking. CVs are fine, but we’ll not turn down a box of doughnuts either. All application types welcome.
Does all of this sound good to you? Tell us why you're perfect for us!